EMSC NRC Funding
The EMSC NRC is housed within Children’s National Health System
, one of the nation's top pediatric hospitals and a proven leader in the development and application of innovative new treatments for childhood illness and injury. In 2012, the EMSC NRC received its fifth multi-year funding award to support the federal EMSC Program.
The federal EMSC Program
is designed to ensure that all children and adolescents – no matter where they live, attend school, or travel – receive appropriate care in a health emergency. It is administered by the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration’s Maternal and Child Health Bureau. As of 2015, the federal Program provides grant funding to 49 states, the District of Columbia, five U.S. territories, and the freely associated states, which includes the Republics of the Marshall Islands and Palau, and the Federated States of Micronesia.
For more information about the EMSC Program – when it was created, why it was established, what it has accomplished, and what it hopes to achieve in the future – consult the following reports:
- EMSC News: A Quarterly Report on Program Activities (Winter/Spring 2016), this six-page report containing information about Program activities, partnerships, and events is distributed to federal and professional organizational partners of the EMSC Program.
- A Tale of Two Populations: Addressing Pediatric Needs in the Continuum of Emergency Care, Annals of Emergency Medicine , Volume 65, Issue 6, June 2015. This article describes the role of the EMSC Program in the development of the pediatric emergency care system.
- EMSC: A Historical Perspective
- March 2014 issue of Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine, which is dedicated to EMSC's 30-year celebration and features 15 articles written by EMSC champions.
- The Emergency Medical Services for Children Program: Accomplishments and Contributions, Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine , 7:1, 6-14, March 2006.
- Emergency Medical Services for Children: Thirty Years of Advancing High-quality Emergency Care for Children, Pediatr Emerg Care. 2015 Feb;31(2):151-6.
- EMS for Children Program: History, Lifespan and Successes – Celebrating the 30th Year, PowerPoint presentation by Joseph Wright, MD, MPH, Professor of Pediatrics (Vice Chair), Emergency Medicine & Health Policy, Senior Vice President, Community Affairs and Advocacy, and Marianne Gausche-Hill, MD, Professor of Clinical Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine,Vice Chair and Chief of the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine